Monday, November 13, 2006

the long and winding road


Click on the above image and watch it bigger: it's much better!
It's my long and winding road to home. I've driven on it a million times and, probably, I've never watched it.... I just needed a shot taken while driving in a winding mid-autumn day to appreciate the beauty of a non-sense non-place: I mean, there's nothing special, it's just a piece of road in a western province, lost at boudaries of reality. But it's a road, it's my road and it takes about 5 minutes to get it through by car. And I do that every day, at least twice. It must have a meaning....

2 comments:

epitimaios aristoxenos said...

It's a very special place. Since I grew up in the province as well, I can feel very much how this road is your road. If you will pass very much time far from home and come back after months or years you will enjoy and love this road even more, and arriving at night, smelling the flavours, driving with open windows you will feel very much at home, and you will long for the colours of this road, when you are far away, especially if you will stay at a different latitude where the sun changes the character of landscapes even more than vegetation and architecture...

I like yor road, ciao Francesco

epitimaios aristoxenos said...

Ecco la tua Heimat.